Sunday, February 22, 2015

Shark Tank and Scrub Daddy

2/22/2015

Jeff and I watch faithfully Shark Tank on television.  Sometimes I feel so sorry for some of the inventors, because the "Sharks" can be ruthless and down right mean.  Seems like that if you don't like the invention, at least be kind when letting the inventors down.

One of the products we saw this year was Scrub Daddy.  It's bright yellow with two eyes (for your fingers) and a smile, which you can use for silverware.  Today, while Jeff was at Home Depot, he picked up a Scrub Daddy for me.  I was apprehensive at first, sure that this little scrubby thing would probably not live up to its hype.  Count me in as a fan of Scrub Daddy.  If you use hot/warm water on Scrub Daddy, it becomes soft and pliable.  In cold water, it stays stiff and can be used on icky things like cleaning the stove, etc.

I don't remember what the cost to make the Scrub Daddy is, but I think it's mere peanuts to the retail price of $3.99.  I go through so many Dobie pads, that are great when they're new, but eventually are better used to clean your wheel wells!

Some background:  the night the show aired, there was 30,000 hits to their website.  Since its inception, the scratch-free, sponge with a smiling face has struggled for sales, earning $100,000 in 18-months, mostly from QVC.  After “Shark Tank” aired, Scrub Daddy’s sponge soaked up sales earning $18 million in the same time frame. Can you believe that a little sponge became an overnight hit?  Wish I could come up with something that would be an instant hit overnight!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...