Saturday, February 21, 2015

A Day of Moving Parts

2/21/2015

Yesterday, Stacey took me to the hospital to get a hip injection, which I have had several times before.  In fact the doctor who was going to give me the shot, could tell from my records that it was, in his words, not my first rodeo.  I couldn't agree more.

The schedule for the test and the following appointment with my doctor began to fall apart early in the day.  There was a delay for the procedure, then the doctor's office called - come to see "Doogie" (because he's so young) at 1:00.  Another call, no make that 2:00.  The doctor's office called Jeff and then Stacey and the time of my doctor's appointment kept moving from 2:00 until finally 4:00!

Our lunch consisted of hot tea, coffee and yummy chocolate cupcakes.  Since we had time to kill, and I knew that I wasn't supposed to be sitting after the procedure, but walking around, we headed to one of the fancy malls near the hospital.  

We went to Bloomingdale's because Stacey needs a formal gown for an upcoming black tie event.  There were so many beautiful dresses to choose from, but we eventually narrowed it down to just a few.  One of the dresses that I thought Stacey looked beautiful in was a navy blue jersey dress, shirred at the waistline, with lace sleeves and bust.  Absolutely gorgeous.

If you have to walk for exercise, there's no better place to do it than in a store - and a high end one at that.  What fun.

We finally met with Doogie after 4:00, and Stacey and I were both very tired.  It had been a long day.  The doctor wasn't happy that the injection hadn't made walking/standing better - but as I reminded him again, that I have this injection before - same results.

Stacey is taking me back to the doctor on Thursday for an xray of the hip and hopefully after thinking about me for a week, some idea of a game plan.  

I had pizza for dinner, plunked my butt on the sofa along with Stacey and we watched Judge Judy.

Certainly glad that that day is over!

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...