Friday, February 27, 2015

A Day with Stacey and Benjamin

2/27/2015

Yesterday, Stacey took me to my doctor's appointment with "Doogie", which lasted oh probably less than five minutes.  He says that my arthritis in the hip is mild, and a hip replacement isn't called for.  I wasn't expecting him to announce to me that he had thought of a "cure", but I was disappointed.  I told him that I would see him probably in a year, and told him that I was tired of throwing more money against the wall!

After we had lunch, we went to David's Bridal Shop to look for a frock (ball gown) for Stacey and Andrew's upcoming black tie event.  I have never been in a bridal shop.  When I got married, my mother made my dress, which was beautiful.  But being in a shop filled with all those dresses packed up in plastic bags was mind boggling and very exciting to see.  Benjamin didn't enjoy seeing the dresses as much as I did!

Stacey tried on several formal dresses and they all were stunning.  One of the dresses was raspberry colored and looked really good on her.  There was also a silver sheer dress over a lining that had silver sequins running down the dress like rain.  Beautiful.  In the end, Stacey took pictures of all the dresses, but didn't buy one.  We decided to let our fingers do the "walking" and see what other high end stores offered in ball gowns.

Because I don't get out much, Stacey took me to Target and while I had to ride around in the stupid scooter, which eventually died in the middle of an aisle, I had a wonderful time.  I like KMart, but I love Target.  When you went to the bathroom section, there were rows and rows of towels, wash clothes, etc., lined up by color - beautiful.

When we got back to the house, Benjamin began to build his city while Stacey and I sat back in the recliners, and tried to watch Judge Judy!  Jeff made eggs for Stacey and Benjamin and both claimed that he made the best eggs - a fact I have known for 40 years!

I was worn out from walking during the day, and while I was "watching" a show, realized that for some amount of minutes hadn't seen anything!  Time for bed, even though it was early.  Jeff is trying to go to bed earlier because he has to get up pretty early in the morning.  While I know it would be nicer for him to sleep in, his first paycheck arrived yesterday!

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...