Sunday, February 15, 2015

Baby It's Cold Outside!

2/15/2015

We had our first snow yesterday.  Unlike those poor folks in Boston and all points north, we probably only had an inch or so.  But, the winds were blowing yesterday, which made being outside very nasty.

This morning the temperature is 7 degrees and the cold water pipe to our shower is frozen at the moment.  The pipes to the shower are in the garage and it's cold enough out there to be part of the North Pole!

While Jeff and I were hoping (not nice I know) that we would lose power last night, but it didn't happen.  Since installing "Jenny" years ago, we've never had a power outage of more than a minute or two since.  Maybe Jenny is a good luck charm for the neighborhood.

Since Jeff put in a gas fireplace, we (he) doesn't have to go out and get wood and start and keep a fire going.  While there isn't as much ambiance with a gas fireplace, you absolutely can't beat the convenience.  When the boys were home, gathering wood and taking care of fires was a shared event.  Once they left, it was a solo job for Jeff.


Jeff has started making chicken soup for dinner.  He does an excellent job making soups and stews.  My job?  Official test taster and "cleaner upper"!   

Me?  I'm going to do some reading and I suppose I could do laundry, but probably won't.  Laundry is a Monday morning job and when I lived at home, that meant that Tuesday was ironing day - and I hated every Tuesday.  I have an iron somewhere, but can't remember the last time I used it.  :)

If you're here in the East, stay warm, drink cocoa and watch some sappy television!

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...