Saturday, February 28, 2015

Getting Ready for Benjamin

2/28/2015

Benjamin is coming this afternoon to spend the night.  We haven't had a sleepover with him for some time.  Preparation for his visit has to happen.  First, I made sure that I had a supply of chocolate milk (done).  PopTarts in the pantry (done). Popcorn for tonight(done).  Confetti cake made for Benjamin to ice and decorate later (done).  Foam blocks brought downstairs (done).

It's too cold to play outside, but Benjamin will have a good time making towers, cities and perhaps a fort in the den.  By the way, for those of you who have small children or grandchildren, foam blocks are the absolute best.  I bought a huge lot of blocks with different shapes and colors.  When Benjamin is not here, the blocks have a home in a huge plastic bin.  It doesn't matter how tall Benjamin makes a tower, when or if it falls, no harm is done to furniture, pets or people!  You just can't beat that.

Because Benjamin is getting older, I'm now on a search for a bulk lot of Legos on Ebay.  If I buy a bulk lot, the cost is minimal compared to buying Lego sets.  Again, a plastic bin will come in handy for storage!

I know that several hours will be spent watching Benjamin's favorite movies.  He never seems to tire of watching them over and over.  I do, but Mom-Mom sits quietly alongside Benjamin, just glad for the chance to love him and spoil him!

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...