Monday, March 2, 2015

Frozen Landscape

3/2/2014

It's March already.  Can you believe it?  It seems like the year is just buzzing along.  I got up this morning to an icy landscape.  We don't have a lot of ice, but the ice that is on the trees is beautiful when the sun shines on them.  Now driving/walking on ice, isn't my idea of a good time and I'm glad that I'm at home.

The Cypress trees in the backyard, which are super tall, have some branches hanging down because of the ice.  Luckily, with temperatures rising, I'm pretty sure that the ice will melt soon.  When tree branches are heavy with ice, the weight can cause the branch to break.  We've seen this in years past, which is the reason that last year we "trimmed" the Cypress trees of their lower branches, in hopes of not having any damage to them during the winter.

I'll venture outside after the mail comes, making sure that I pay attention to where I'm walking and what I'm walking on!  I don't want to do the slip and slide routine down the driveway!

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...