Tuesday, March 10, 2015

French Toast Bagels!

3/10/2015

I know you all know about the company called "Thomas" who makes English muffins.  But, they also make bagels - pre-sliced - which is handy for me, because I'm not too good cutting bagels in half.

Last year I noticed that the Tomas company was making what I would call seasonal bagels: Pumpkin Spice and Cranberry.  Both of those bagels were delish by the way.  Last night, at our favorite store - WalMart, I noticed a new bagel - French Toast!   I would swear I could smell the syrup flavoring through the packaging.  Or, maybe my mouth was just watering at the thought of French Toast!

This morning, I popped a French Toast bagel in the toaster, mere minutes later, with the appropriate amount of butter slathered on top and coffee in hand, I was in heaven.  I basically had French Toast, which I love, minus the mess of dealing with syrup - what could be more perfect?

I have for most of my adult years, started my day with toast and coffee.  Jeff doesn't love buttered toast like I do, but he makes sure that I never run out of the two main components of my breakfast: bread and butter.  What a guy.

So the next time you're at the grocery store, you might want to stop by the bread section and see if you can find any specialty bagels.  I assure you that the three kinds I've had so far, all have been home runs!

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...