Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Bad Luck?

3/4/2015

Everyone knows that if you break a mirror, you're in for seven years of bad luck.  And, I'm not sure if that's seven years in sequence, or if it can be spread throughout several years. 

This morning while I was putting away dishes, I put several small bowls away in the cupboard.  The stack of bowls teetered and two bowls crashed to the kitchen floor.  And surprising myself, I wasn't sorry that the bowls had broken, I found the sound of the bowls hitting the floor, satisfying in some strange way.  While I don't purport that every now and then you should smash something, it's kind of therapeutic.  After all, as adults, how many times do we get to just break something, with no consequences?

I'm not recommending that when things aren't going so well, you should go around and break dishes - but - you might be surprised at your reaction if you do!  I know I was.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...