Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Hair Today - Gone Tomorrow!

3/3/2015

When Jeff met me eons ago, I had, longer (but not long) hair.  Long hair isn't something that I can manage easily and I don't want to have to futz and/or fuss with my hair.  After the babies came, I cut my hair short and it has remained that way for oh let's say 40 years - give or take!

After spending nine months in 2013 without the of someone to cut my hair, it became long.  For awhile I even speculated that I could manage longer hair, so I invested in curlers, barrettes and any other hold back my hair product that I could find.

My hair is rather thick and now there is more than a sprinkle of gray.  Based on my stress level for the past two years, I'm actually pretty lucky that I didn't go completely gray overnight.  And a disclaimer here: gray hair is harder to curl!  Yipee.

Last Friday I went to get my hair cut - short.  I can now wash, comb and be pretty much ready to go in mere minutes.  I really do admire people with long hair, particularly actresses, who throw their locks around in a dramatic fashion.  But, when you have short hair, you can't quite make the same statement with your hair! 

So I have put away the curlers, the hairspray, and the barrettes back to the deep recesses of a bathroom drawer.  Will I need them again in the future?  Seems doubtful, but since I own 'em I might as well keep 'em!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...