Sunday, March 8, 2015

It's Sunday

3/8/2015

It's Sunday and on Sunday my day differs from the other days in the week.  On Sunday, I have to get Jeff's work pants, etc., ready for the new week.  This is not a hard task, but there is some kind of mental block when it comes to laundry.  I don't mind dumping the clothes in the washer and then to the dryer - but then - the clothes are dry and you have to do something, like fold or hang, with the clothes.  That's the part I don't like.

Since tomorrow is the start of another work week for Jeff, I make him macaroni salad for his lunches.  A large bowl of macaroni salad will generally feed him for five days.  As I write, the cooked macaroni is cooling and Jeff has cut up the eggs and celery.  Cutting up veggies is another chore that I'm not fond of.

My numbering scheme of plastic/glass dishes seems to be working.  It is really lovely to reach in and pull out a, for instance, a "1" lid and it's corresponding dish.  I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier.  Of course, now all of my "to go" dishes have big numbers marked on their tops and bottoms, but heck Jeff and I are the only ones who see that, so who cares.  It works!

Sunday, is also the day that I sit down on the couch, with this week's TV Guide in hand, and begin the process of recording shows for the next week.  Some would say what's the big deal.  The big deal is getting all of your favorite shows to record and not cause a conflict with another show.  Sunday nights are particularly difficult because sport games can run long and then all the shows after that, beginning with 60 minutes, gets pushed back.

Jeff doesn't record any television.  I know what his favorite shows are, and make sure to get them all.  He is a huge fan of NCIS and the spin-offs - me not so much.  But, to be fair, Jeff sits through a lot of shows of mine that I know he's not particularly interested in.  I watch my many cooking shows when Jeff is not home, otherwise it would be like poking him in the eye with a sharp stick!

Sunday night is the one night of the week that I don't cook.  I don't even pretend that I'm going to cook something.  Sunday night is pizza night, plain and simple.  I cook dinner during the week, but I enjoy pizza very much and once a week is a treat for me.

How do you spend your Sundays?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...