Friday, March 6, 2015

Memories

3/6/2015

Yesterday, because I had nothing better to do, and I wasn't thrilled about "branding" my plastic containers, I went to the Etsy website.  What for you ask?  Nothing, just to browse.  I love looking at all of the creative things people make and I envy them for their talent.  

One of my favorite things to search for is vintage clothing and shoes.  Nothing brings back the 60's, like pointed toe shoes and psychedelic dresses.  Oh, we were so fashionable back then.  Remember having to have white fishnet hose?  Who do you suppose thought that was a good idea?  But, because it was a fashion trend, for about 10 minutes, I owned a pair!

See the hose with the silver shoes - those are the fishnet hose that I was talking about.  I was a well dressed teenager.  I owned pink and fuchsia heels 

 Hot Pink Shoes 60s Shoes Mod Shoes Sz 5.5 Carnaby St. Bubble Gum Pink  Vintage 1960s Shoes - 60s Metallic Platform Pumps with Lucite and Rhinestone Accent Size 5   Floral Heels * Vintage 60s Shoes * Printed Fabric Pumps * size 8 1/2 AA

Check out the toes on this pair of shoes:  I had several pair of shoes with the pointed toes, and to break them in, I wore them with what was called back then "bobby socks"!


Vintage 60's brown leather stiletto pointy toed buckle shoes 


Then there were the clothes.  We wore bright patterned dresses and blouses and had coats with fur (real) trim.  We liked ruffles, lace and ribbons.  Mind you, that not all of us looked good in what I call the "hippy dippy" clothes, but when you are a teenager you don't really care.

We had the miniskirts, but also wore "granny dresses", that really didn't look good on anyone - but if you wanted to be "in", you had to own at least one.  If my memory serves me correct, my granny dress was pink gingham - doesn't get much more old fashioned than that!

60's / 70's Floral Granny Dress / Empire Waist Gown / Mint Green and White / Short Puff Sleeves / Medium to Large
 60s Maxi Dress A Dessy Creation Mod Hippie Psychedelic Asian Inspired Womens Clothing Period Plays  Elegant 60's Pink Ruffled Blouse w/ Sheer Sleeves  

When you get bored, take a trip through the Etsy stores.  Doing so yesterday, brought back a lot of fun memories.


 P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...