Monday, March 9, 2015

Last Man on Earth

3/9/2015

There is a new show on television, about a man who is the last man on earth.  The show isn't great, but I'm fascinated about being alone and able to go into any store, house, museum, or you name it, and take what you want.  

Of course there are downfalls, getting water, electricity (not possible I assume) and fresh food in a grocery store would only be eatable for a short period of time.  I think you should eat up all the ice cream before it melts!  I'm just thinking of life priorities!

In one show, our "man" drove his truck through a grocery store window.  Why?  Because he could.  Our hero makes friends with balls - volley balls, golf balls, tennis, pool and any other kind of ball.  He draws faces on them and gives them all names, it's obvious that while he can and does whatever he wants, he's lonely - who wouldn't be?

He ends up in Tuscon and moves into a palatial home which he promptly begins to trash with beer cans and bottles of wine, etc. I suppose in theory when he can no longer see the floors of the house, he could just move into the house next door.  

Because you know it's coming, it's not long before a woman (last one I suppose) meets our man.  She has an annoying voice and wants them to get married - why?  Adam and Eve comes to mind. 

I know I wouldn't want to be the only person on the planet, way to creepy for me, but looking through the windows into this man's life, fascinates me, for reasons I can't explain. I sincerely doubt that this show is going to last because I can't imagine the writers being able to come up with a good script week after week.  

But because I've watched two shows now, I'll probably stick around until the show is canceled - which I assume will come shortly.  Okay we have two people left on earth, so what could you possibly write about week after week?  These two individuals don't appear to be rocket scientists, so I'm not sure how long they can exist on their own.

One of the things that I would like to do, would be to drive a bulldozer and knock something(s) over - now that would be very satisfying!

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...