Saturday, March 14, 2015

Having a Clean Car

3/14/2015

I'm a bit of a nut when it comes to my car.  The "Cuzilu" automobile is white and when we have snow and then streets loaded with salt and sand, "she" isn't white anymore.  After driving around last week, my car had developed a healthy coating of gray sludge around the majority of the car.  I also don't like getting into a dirty car in winter all the while trying to keep my coat clean while I do so.

I could I suppose hope for warmer weather and wash the car in the driveway, it's cheap and not particularly hard.  But, it's not really a very good wash job either.

Yesterday, I splurged.  Since it was a workday, I knew that the local car wash wouldn't be crowded with cars filling up three rows.  Nope, drove right to the front, and opted for a super wash which included washing/rinsing the undercarriage and putting Rain-X on the whole car.  Overkill? More than likely, but when my car was finished, she was beautiful - again!

Since it's raining today, I'm not likely to go out.  So until Monday when Jeff will drive her to work, she will remain uber clean - just the way I like her.

I have never been one of those people who when they offer to give you a ride, have to haul a month's worth of trash from the floor in the front seat.  Nope, I keep a tidy car.  When we've sold our used cars in the past to private parties, they are always amazed that there isn't any tidbits of crumbs under the seats!  

So for the moment, the car is bright white with sparkling rims and windows.  What more could you ask for?

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...