Saturday, March 21, 2015

Kibble versus Mice

3/21/2015

We keep the dogs' kibble in the garage in a plastic trashcan with a flip lid.  It's the perfect size to hold 25 pounds of kibble at one time.  So that's on the plus side.

On the negative side, the mice have found the kibble and twice when I have scooped out the morning kibble, I have also served up mice.  They're dead, but I still find it a bit gruesome.  I suppose to the mice, falling into the kibble bin, must be like a Thanksgiving dinner of sorts for them.  It appears that the mice can fall in, but unfortunately (or fortunately perhaps), they can't get out.  The bin of kibble appears to work better than a mousetrap!

Jeff has reminded me that the two mice I have found so far, are two mice that aren't lurking around in the pantry nibbling on box corners and plastic bags.  I suppose he has a point, but every morning when I go to get the kibble, I'm hoping that all I find in the scoop is kibble!

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...