Saturday, March 7, 2015

Snow Removal

3/7/2015

It snowed this week.  It snowed quite a bit and you needed to definitely shovel your driveway and sidewalk.  We did both of these things.  Well disclaimer: Jeff did both of these things.

I hadn't been out and about this week until yesterday, and while I was driving was truly amazed at how many people don't remove snow from their cars.  Now if you have a large SUV and don't have a long handled brush to remove snow from the top of the car, I may give you a pass.  But we have owned big vehicles in the past, and always managed to get most if not all of the snow off the roof.

I saw cars yesterday who hadn't bothered to even clean their windshields.  They had this little spot on the driver's side cleared, but the rest of the windshield was covered in snow.  I noticed many little cars that had snow on the roof, the trunk, etc., that could/should have been brushed off.  

So when you follow these snow covered cars, sometimes the snow lightly blows off the car, which isn't too bad.  Other times a large chunk of snow/ice can fall off the car directly in front of you. 

I think it's just common courtesy (and perhaps courtesy is dead), that you may an honest attempt to clean your vehicles off.  Nobody wants to be on the receiving end of flying snow or chunks of ice from your car.

I will now climb off my soap box.  Thanks for listening.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...