Thursday, March 5, 2015

Food Containers

3/5/2015

I don't know how it is at your house, but in mine, I have a myriad amount of food containers.  You know the ones I'm talking about - you use for leftovers - or to send food home with a son(s)!

I looked into my cupboard which to say is not organized would be an understatement.  It appears that I have Rubbermaid containers, Glad containers, Tupperware containers as well as a wide variety of unmarked boxes.  There are round ones, deep square ones, shallow square ones, teeny ones (why I have no idea), and every other size you can imagine.

So here's the challenge.  I think I will take out all of the plastic and glass containers and line them up on the counter.  After I do that, I think I will take a permanent marker and start numbering the bottoms and matching tops.  Doesn't that sound like an excellent idea?

Nothing is more frustrating than to reach inside the cupboard and find the right size container, but not the right lid.  It's maddening.  My plan is that I get out a dish and mark it as let's say "1".  When I find the right lid, I'll mark it also as "1", and so on.  

What I suspect is going to happen is after doing my match-matchy thing, I'll have some orphans, like the mysterious sock in the washing machine that never seems to have a match!  At that point, I need to be brave and (shock and horror), toss out the orphan(s) once I have scrounged throughout the kitchen, and can't come up with a set (bottom and top).  

If the numbering scheme works out like I hope it will, then a large amount of frustration will be solved for both Jeff and I.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...