Friday, March 20, 2015

Winter's Last Hurrah?

3/20/2015

After a few days of sunshine and fairly moderate temperatures, Mother Nature has decided that she isn't ready to give up on winter - yet.  

Once our last snow, spring seemed to be just around the corner.  Snow melt was put back in the deep recesses of the garage as well as the snow shovels. 

In some flower beds, you can see the beginning of the little green shoots of spring flowers.  So you know that spring is coming, it's just not quite here yet.

The snow that is falling today is beautiful.  It's warm enough that the snow isn't sticking on driveways and roads.  It's a light snow and lovely to watch from inside.  This snow isn't going to amount to much of anything, and I feel that this is probably the last of winter.  Or, I can keep my fingers crossed that it's the last of winter!

If I had a window seat, today would be the day that I would sit there, with my book, and watch the snow fall.  

There are parts of winter that I really like - the beauty of fresh snow before anyone or anything has trodden on it, and, the trees that look like they have been dipped in icing.

Once spring is here, then people get itchy fingers to get outside and dig in the dirt.  Plant something or prune something.  While your flower beds have been cloaked in snow and ice during the winter, soon buds will be forming and a new season will begin.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...