Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Good Neighbors

2/17/2015

It snowed last night, as was expected.  We received several inches but because most of the snow came after dark, Jeff wasn't able to shovel the driveway.  It was a work day for him, so after I got dressed, I was putting on my boots to go shovel.  Admittedly, between my hip and back, I would only be able to do so much, but at least I'd try.

When I got downstairs, I could hear the distinct scrape of a shovel and looked out to see my neighbor, Eshaw, shoveling our driveway.  I went outside to protest that I couldn't let her do shoveling for us.  She insisted - swore she was already heated up from shoveling her own driveway.  She also said that since Jeff and I were such good neighbors, shoveling was the least she could do for me/us.  She had noticed that our truck was missing from the driveway, so she assumed (correctly) that Jeff wasn't home.

Her generosity to help gives me faith in my fellow man/woman.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...