Thursday, February 19, 2015

Irritants

2/29/2015

This morning my butter was cold when I tried to put it on my toast.  I decided then and there that cold butter is an irritant to me.  Every time I go to a restaurant, they serve you a basket of warm bread and ice cold butter pats!  Argh.  The butter won't spread and the bread shreds.

Because I have nothing (more or less) to do, I began to think about other products that bother me.  I have a hard time dealing with the little slit in packages which is intended for you to tear open the package.  Never works for me, so I resort to scissors.  Then, once I have managed to get the package open, I can never get it to seal like it's supposed to.  Part of that maybe because I've cut the package, but even so, I want to be able to reseal.  This is where tape comes in!

Little bags of mustard and ketchup - irritating.  I'm looking forward to eating a hamburger, but before I can, I have to try and rip these little bags open.  I have teeth, but they don't seem to work well for opening packages.  This is where scissors come in handy again!  By the way, if you haven't noticed, I love scissors.

The seal around jars of food, the bottles of juice or milk that I find occasionally too hard to open. Packages that come with non-destro tape on the box - scissors again. New toilet paper rolls.  You spin the roll all around looking for the opening.  I am generally a patient person, but when I want something opened, I want it opened now.  I know that the world is no longer white picket fences and unlocked doors, and we need to keep medicine safe from the bad guys, but those bottles that say press down and turn - nope not happening - never seems to work for me.

The plastic rings that I think is no longer used on soda bottles and cans, becomes a challenge to me to get the bottle/can out.  A quick snip with my scissors and I can be guzzling down my soda in seconds. 

In case you're worried about me, I don't keep a pair of scissors dangling from my waist all day, but they are handy by in the kitchen drawer!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...