Thursday, February 12, 2015

Television Shows

2/12/2015

There are some new television shows that have just made their appearance, or will be premiering very soon.  As you know, I love watching television, but no longer wish to be horrified or scared.  I know that shows like "Green Acres" and "Laugh In" have left the building, and that's a shame.

Some of the new shows that I'm probably not even going to watch once, partly because of their title are: Slap, Secrets and Lies, Weird Loners, World's Funniest Fails and Dig.  I used to watch Blacklist but I ended up having almost nightmares from the horrible things done to people on that show.

I know that Mom and Apple pie are no longer "in vogue" for shows or movies, but it seems like every new show has some element of evil and/or danger.  Folks when I sit down to watch television, I want to be entertained.  I want to laugh or cry if it's a sappy Hallmark movie.  I don't want zombies or vampires in my list of shows to watch.

I suppose some would say that television today merely mirrors what is going on in the world, and to some extent I would have to agree.  But, it's a sad statement to make.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...