Monday, February 23, 2015

My Oscar Night!

2/23/2015

Yesterday, I made beef stew early in the day and finished up my laundry, so that I would be able to sit and enjoy watching some of the rich, the famous and most beautiful people in Hollywood.  While I may have been sitting around in jeans - I could have - if I wanted to - put pearls around my neck to add pizzazz to my sweatshirt!

Jeff and I haven't seen any of the movies up for best picture, and unless they come to Netflix, might never see them.  There didn't seem to me to be one movie playing that I just had to see.  This is unlike last year when I took Jeff (he only goes once a year) to see "Saving Mr. Banks", which I loved so much I saw it twice!

Jeff made us both popcorn (buttered, of course) and armed with my trusty Tivo, we parked ourselves on the sofa to watch the Oscars.  We tuckered out before the best awards were given: best actor, best actress and best picture, so please no spoiler alerts.  We'll finish watching tonight.  Boy do I love my Tivo!

I could have spent hours just watching the women strut their stuff on the red carpet.  I saw some very beautiful women in dresses that I hoped they didn't have to pay for. Unfortunately, the "worst" dress list for the Oscars hasn't hit the internet yet, so we'll just have to use the worst dress list for this fabulous formal event.  There are absolutely too many pictures to put all in one place, so I just picked two, though it pained me to have to add Cher's, eye-catching, over the top dress!







Tonight, I'll finish watching the show and look forward to People's Magazine review of the big night.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...