Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day

2/14/2015

While Jeff is off with Scott to do more work on the townhouse, I'm at home enjoying the Valentine gift I gave to myself.  I bought two CDs of Cher of her best and/or biggest hits.  So while I'm alone, the stereo is blasting out great music.  There is just some music that I don't play when Jeff and/or Scott are around.  I make no secret that I love to play Elvis' music, but there are just some performers that deserve to be played loud and not mocked.

While Cher is singing, I've cleaned up the kitchen and started laundry.  Even somebody with a bit of "Arthur (itis)" in her hip, wishes that I could dance around in the house.  So, I just "dance" in my head, which is go enough.

When I was doing physical therapy, the therapist played some modern music - which I thought sounded dreadful.  We came to an agreement that when I was having therapy, it would be a 60's day.  I noticed that even younger people having therapy were enjoying what I believe (and it's only my opinion) is the best music.

It still pains me to hear my favorite old songs being played on elevators or in offices in order to soothe people.  Who wants to listen to a Beatles song done by an orchestra with no words.  

I'm pretty sure that whatever becomes new on the music scene, will ever capture my heart the way the oldies do.  Perhaps some of that love is because of the memories - high school dances, the prom, building floats for homecoming and first dates.

I hope you're doing what you and your sweetheart want to do today.  Because I certainly am!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...