Friday, February 20, 2015

Coldest Day of the Year

2/20/2015

Today, is the coldest day of the year I believe.  My outdoor thermometer says it's 5 degrees.  When you're down to single digits, it's cold.  Now as a non-working person, I general don't care about the outside temperature, because I'm inside the house.

But, as luck would have it, today I have a procedure scheduled followed up by a doctor's appointment.  So I will have to don my heavy coat and gloves and brave the Nordic temperatures.  I'm grateful that Stacey (DIL) is taking me.  The doctor's office is in D.C., and there isn't a chance in ---- (insert your favorite word here) that I'm driving in D.C.

Problem is that I have the injection at noon but don't get to see the doctor until 3:00.  I guess I have a couple of choices, I could hang around the hospital (boring) or come home and go back to the doctor later.  Benjamin will also be with us, so I need to factor in the impatience of a young boy.

I guess when all is said and done, I'll be glad when I get home - and now in case you're wondering - I'm not going back outside!

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...