Saturday, February 7, 2015

Valentine's Day

2/7/2014

Okay gentlemen, it's time for you to start your watches on a countdown for the 14th.  I know that for most of you men, this is possibly overrated occasion.  But, I assure you that your loved one feels differently.

You can send flowers (roses, obviously), buy candy, jewelry and/or take her out to dinner. Please don't forget to buy one of those mushy cards - we women love them!

When the boys were young, I received lovely sentiment cards from them, with the help from Dad.  

So what's on my agenda for the 14th?  Dinner out - absolutely not - restaurants will be packed.  I don't want flowers because they are expensive and die.  I don't need jewelry, but a gal can never have enough, particularly if we're talking about diamonds.

I'm likely to just ask Jeff to take me to McDonald's for an ice cream cone.  Talk about a cheap date!  I happen to love their ice cream and the price is certainly fair.

When I was a young girl, Mom bought my sister and I chocolates, but we were almost more excited over the box!  This picture isn't a complete replica of what Mom bought for us, but it's a pretty good representation.  Sometimes the packaging is more important than what's inside!













It probably doesn't matter what you do on Valentine's Day, just do something.

P




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...