Thursday, November 14, 2019

Impeachment and Shooting

11/14/2019

Day two of the impeachment hearings. I watch until my eyes glaze over. Unfortunately, this doesn't take me very long (or perhaps fortunately)!!

I settled down in my chair for day two. And, sometime during the hearings, there was breaking news. And, sadly it was a shooting at yet another school. I can't look into the minds of these shooters, but I wish I could. Are they simply mental?  Do they view their shootings, as not a big deal, and likely they get some kind of "high" for doing the shooting, and sometimes even gets away with it.

When the boys were in school, there wasn't any, at least that I know of, shootings aimed at school children. And, we were able to let the boys walk to school, not envisioning anything going wrong. Back in those days, people just didn't think about those things. 

If I had a school age child now, I perhaps would be on high alert for their safety. And, you can't help yourself from worrying. Why was this school targeted? My thinking is that you have to be off "your rocker" to gun down students, and sometimes adults as well.

I have been "mental" for sometime, but have never thought about hurting anybody. My brain just doesn't work that way.

When the planes crashed into the Towers, we all went home. I did have a talk with the boys, that if something closer to home occurred, and Jeff and I couldn't get to them, they were to drive to Illinois. My brother lives there, and that we would/could stop worrying. I called my brother to tell of our plans. He was okay with the boys coming, but not excited a bit, when I told him the dogs would be with them.

My advice from 9/11 is still the same. Get out of Dodge, if you believe that your families, are in harm's way. 

I admit this was a bummer of a blog, but occasionally, you have to write about good as well as bad things. Today, was one of those days.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...