Wednesday, November 27, 2019

I've Been Busy!

11/27/2019

I have a very good excuse for not blogging at all yesterday and, while I'm late today. I really do have an excellent excuses. 

Jeff and I went to an open house at Benjamin's school.  It is a beautiful "campus", and I can see why Benjamin likes it so much. We were scheduled to meet three of his teachers. After visiting the classrooms, we went to the library for Benjamin to pick out a book. We wrote something like "we're proud of you", and we love you so much"! Every book was $20.00, and when it was  Jeff's turn to pay, he gave the library an additional $20.00 just because.

We visited his social studies class very much. The teacher was extremely personable and we had a lot of fun in his class. Unfortunately, I didn't seem to feel that strongly about the science and music teachers. It appeared that, in my mind, just killing time. Science was mostly a game outside, and the music class was relying on answering questions about Disney movies. The kids knew the answers to all of the questions. Grown-ups - not so much!

And, my excuse for today is that the tree company came here to take down the big tree in the front yard. Jeff and I spent most of the morning watching professional workers do what they are trained to do -  like climbing to the top of the tree, and cutting off branches and eventually the tree itself.  I had asked for them to cut me four 1-2 inches. Why? I'm sentimental to a fault, but I have no intention of putting them in my hope chest! I intend to paint initials on each one of the slabs (for lack of a better word), and then varnish them. They will be stepping "stones" in the backyard. The one thing that Jeff and I agree on, is we love watching people working around the house. We gave the men this morning, coffee and a chocolate and nut bar. I believe they appreciated us thinking of them. There is a notable (ya think) blank area in the yard. We'll put in another tree, probably a few inches closer to the center of the yard. I don't know how Jeff feels, but I'd rather wait until spring to put in a new tree.

The wind is picking up, and fortunately the rain that was predicted amounted to only a few sprinkles. If, it had been really raining, I think the job might have gotten cancelled, and we really didn't want to have to do that. 

Tomorrow, we are going out to Andrews "estate" for Thanksgiving. The menu has been worked out. So, I'm doing two things. One thing, if I can put out some food (like stuffing mix) on the table, then I'll be just that more organized. We're supposed to bring pecan pie, the stuff to make stuffing, potatoes and cranberries, oh and cole slaw. 

There will be so much food, but I must remember to use a small fork, eat slow and be sure that I leave something on the plate. The exception to that rule does not apply to desserts!
 
One of my jobs today, is to find the right containers to use while traveling. Second thing, is that I need to round up a few plastic boxes for any 'tovers" that we want to bring home.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

P



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...