Monday, November 4, 2019

Leaves

11/4/2019

I know you're all thinking that this subject is and/or will be boring. On some level, you are correct. When we moved here in 1986, and our rather small oak tree was planted, we were very happy to see the fallen leaves. Okay, fast forward to today and a 32 year old tree. The love affair with leaves is now a bit tarnished. The oak tree in our front year, is for all practical reasons, dead. She will be cut down sometimes in the next month or so. While she might be "dead", the old girl still has a few leaves that drop. And, in this neighborhood, how your front yard looks is "tres important"!! Trust me on this.

The homeowners association picks up leaves 3 times in the fall, and I believe today is one of those days. They will pick up any leaves that are in the street. 
 
While Jeff and Bella were out doing the weekly shop, I went after the fallen leaves. I took my rollator outside, along with my broom. Okay, now you are all wondering about my sanity. People use rakes to pick up leaves, right? Most folks do, but I find that a broom does the job equally well.

It was a nice afternoon for dealing with leaves. Admittedly, I did have to stop "brooming" every now and then, and perch myself like a queen upon her "throne" - the rollator. 

But, I'm happy to say that I have a rather large collection of leaves in the street. And, hopefully there won't be a lot of wind, which could, obviously, move the piled up leaves around in the street. And, yours truly, wouldn't like that very much. It's one thing to pick up leaves initially, but a completely different story if you have to pick up those same leaves again!!

Once we have our first frost, and those in the know, are predicting that will be on the 24th, leaves won't be much of a problem after that.

Signing off for now. Have a wonderful Monday.

P



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...