Thursday, November 7, 2019

Yesterday

11/7/2019

Yesterday afternoon, I went to see a "memory" doctor. I know that's not his official title, but it gives you a general idea.

Good news was that while I have "brain shrinkage" (how is that even a thing?) I don't have any signs for a serious condition, like dementia for example. 

While Jeff was away, and this only happens on my watch, something or everything breaks down! Our gas fireplace had one flame that was just too tall. While I would have liked to used the fireplace, but I was concerned about the flame. The repairman just left, and fixed the flame. It's a good thing too because the temperature is beginning to drop. The entire back of our house is windows, so it's a challenge to keep the den warm. And, this is where I spend most of my time. Watching TV, reading or napping! 

The weatherman is beginning to use the "s" word (some snow). This year, Jeff didn't put the snow shovels away. Might as well keep them in the garage, since winter is just around the corner. I went to the Farmer's Almanac, to see what their forecast is. From reading the almanac, it doesn't look like we're going to have "foots" (that's what Scott calls it) of snow. 

Since Jeff and I work (I don't think laundry and dishes count), most of the time we don't need to venture out. Being retired, I don't have to make a call to see if the office is closed and/or delayed.

Depending on where you live, you could get those "foots" of snow, or enjoy the sunshine in California and Florida, for example.

P

 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...