Wednesday, November 6, 2019

The Creature That Lives Under The Porch!

11/6/2019

Sorry about no blog yesterday. I was having technical issues (probably caused by yours truly)!

For many years, we have a "critter" that lives under our porch. We have no idea what kind of animal it is, because we try and stay away from each other. Could be a hedgehog, perhaps. When we had some landscaping done, which involved putting new mulch in the flower beds, there was an area close to the foundation, and the workers were reluctant to add mulch. Reason?  I guess at eye level, the workers were able to see this animal who lives under the porch. It took some amount of persuasion, from the supervisor, to put the mulch down.

From time to time, this animal comes out from underneath the porch, and it just happens that we might be on the porch at the same time. Both the animal as well as ourselves look at each other, and then he scurries on his way. I guess we could try and catch him, but we're not wanting to do that. Unless the house begins to tilt from the underground tunnels, we don't see any good reason to try and capture him.

When we do cross paths, this animal is fairly large. And, he must come out at some point to eat. What he eats, I have no idea, and actually don't really want to know! Based on their sizes, I'm assuming that it's a wood chuck. 

Cute cartoon:
Image result for how much does a wood chuck weigh


Ground hog:
iStock_000003441948_Large.jpg
Wood chuck:

Image result for picture of wood chuck 

Talk to you tomorrow.

P





No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...