Saturday, November 9, 2019

Christmas Shopping

11/9/2019

Trust me, I can see your eyes rolling around in your head. Some people enjoy doing their shopping at the last minute. Others, such as myself, have already created a list, for most of the family. I find that boys and men are difficult to shop for. You probably don't want to know this, but there are 46 days until Christmas. I remember when the boys were young, and they wanted one special gift. Nintendo comes to mind. We would get a babysitter, and go out at night to scour the stores. This was long before Amazon, who makes shopping quite easy. Perhaps too easy.

This morning, I literally went through all the catalogs I've received. I tore out pages of things that I might want to buy for somebody. Other catalogs, I just wrote down the name of the item. Next, I'll go to Amazon and hopefully to find said items, and put them in my saved list.

Since we spend the holidays at one of the boys' houses, there really isn't much of a reason to decorate. I know, that sounds like Scrooge. But, in my defense, Jeff has a lot on his plate, and dragging down Christmas items seems like one more chore he would have to do. 

Just because I no longer decorate, doesn't mean that I don't enjoy Christmas lights and the music. Used to be I would load up our CD player with my favorite music, and start listening to those songs right about now. Now, I'm able to listen to all genres of music, including the oldies from the 60's. Which, in my opinion, was the best music. 

The music today, makes no sense to me. It just seems like a lot of noise. While the music of my teenage years, is now played as "elevator" music. I doubt that the music of today, will ever be "elevator" music. Please don't send me "hate" mail if you disagree. If you weren't a teenager in the 60's, then you might like the music of today.

Off to the races.

P





No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...