Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Yesterday

11/12/2019

Today is a perfect day, if you suffer from depression, to put on your SAD light while you work. Since winter weather is not my friend, my SAD light is on, while I blog.

Yesterday, Stacey came to visit me. I always look forward to her visits, and we always find something to do. We decided it was time for nails and toes, which gives me, self-esteem.

After, we went to McDonald's for lunch. There are times, when the high school students are on their lunch break, and they consume most if not all of the tables. Oh, and the noise level is super duper high. 

I don't know about you, but when I was in high school, we didn't leave the school to eat our lunches in a restaurant.  Or, a fast food place. The town was small, so your options were definitely limited. We did have a "Dogs and Suds" (root beer) drive in place. And, there was only one restaurant, that I can think of, the name of which eludes me.

Last week, Jeff took me to have some waxing done. Unfortunately, the place was really full of teenagers getting their long artificial nails put on, or removed, so they could have a new set put on.

We went to CVS, so that I could buy my sister a Christmas card. My sister lives on the West coast, and I'm on the East coast. We exchange birthday and Christmas cards each year. We used to do "sister boxes", and they were a lot of fun, both filling a box, and then receiving a box. We haven't done this for years, but perhaps in the future, we could start up again. It's a little like having a pen pal.

Training again today. With the aid of a personal trainer, I continue to make progress. One of my goals is to be able to pull myself up on the plane's wing (a small part of the wing) and get into the plane. That would allow me to fly around with Jeff. 

Second goal is to be able to travel. I would like to take a cruise - destination anywhere. Obviously, I would need for Stacey to be able to come with me. As far as walking goes, I'm now able, most of the time, to walk through a store (minus the cart)!! This is progress, small progress but steady. After all, Rome wasn't built in a day. And, this old body isn't going to become "buff" (can you imagine that?) in a day.

I hope your weather is much better than ours.

See you tomorrow.

P








  




 

2 comments:

  1. I would still do a "sister box"...they are super fun!!!!

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely fun. I'll start. Since the family won't let me drive, it may take some time, until I can send you a box!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...