Thursday, November 21, 2019

Where I've Been

11/21/2019

I have an excuse, and you're thinking of course I do. Let me explain.

With the rate of impeachment news being generated, television and/or newspaper, I'm quite exhausted. Perhaps you are too.

This morning, I didn't even get past the "A" section before I began to get sleepy. So what I did, of course, is get under a blanket, grab a dog (Daisy), and I quickly found myself taking a nap. I'm not sure what makes me so tired. Could be boredom I suppose. It's definitely not my lifestyle, which when I think about it, is well boring.

Yesterday, I ordered the 4A (the boys', but mostly Scott) Christmas cards and 2020 magnets. We send holiday cards each year. I'm pretty confident, because it's what I'd do, the card gets tossed (and it's really pretty this year), and the magnet hopefully ends up on somebody's refrigerator.

Also, went to see the doctor yesterday, and he didn't really have much to say about my EMG test. He believes that I need to see some kind of peripheral nerve doctor. I'm waiting for an appointment. If this doctor can't help me, then I'm ready to just give up. I mean I won't die from a "numb" foot. But, hopefully, I won't have to have this condition for the rest of my days. Fingers crossed.

I'm still losing weight, slowly. If I was able to exercise (iffy hip and foot), I would make more progress on the scale! But, since last November, I've lost 44 pounds. And, now I can truthfully tell Jeff that I don't have any, or few clothes that fit me. What a dilemma to have. Believe me, this is the first time in many years, where clothes were too big. You know the routine - you gain weight - and you buy bigger sizes. I have filled one of those black trash bags with clothes that are now too big. I'm not donating those clothes yet, but will keep the bag just in case.

Now, when I order clothes, I have a lot of trouble (mentally) getting the right size. My mind immediately goes to a size larger than I need. I don't actually know how I'm going to break this cycle.

My other problem I'm having is finding a ring size that will keep my beautiful wedding ring, as well as Grandma Bassett's wedding ring from falling off. I tried several sizes, and finally found the perfect fit - 4.5. The rings stay in place, which is very important to me, as are the rings themselves.

Jeff would disagree, but I think it's cool both inside and outside of the house. Today, I dressed in layers, and turn the fireplace on when I'm in the den.

A few facts: 34 days until Christmas and we can "celebrate" that today is National Stuffing Day as well as National Television Day. I can definitely get behind the television "holiday".

P





No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...