Friday, November 29, 2019

"Tovers Day"

11/29/2019

Happy post Thanksgiving. In case you're not sure, "tovers" means, at least to me, leftovers! Jeff and I both agree, and sometimes that's rare(!), that some foods are better the next day.

We spent yesterday with the family at Andrew's house. With the exception of Elly (Wendy's daughter), everyone was there. There was an abundance of food (duh), from turkey all the way to pies (yes more than one). I was mindful of how much food I ate. No sense blowing a year of dieting, for just one meal. But, I did indulge in very small pieces of pecan (though I wanted more) and pumpkin pie. 

We stayed through the evening, with the computer geeks (Andrew, Scott and Jeff) going into the basement to look at something that had to do with servers, wiring or stuff like that. After clean-up, which for some stupid reason, seems to always fall on us girls. We sat around the table, had tea and chatted about anything or nothing.

Daisy had to stay home, since she is a nervous pee(rr). And knowing that, I can't relax because I'm always worried where she is and, more importantly, what she's up to. By the time we got home, which was quite late, Daisy was a ball of energy who needed to be held by her people.

Today, is rest day. While there are a few grocery items we should buy, but I'm so not going into any store. Particularly, WalMart. We don't need anything, that can't wait until Black Friday is over.

One year, we went to a store on Black Friday, not to buy anything, but just to see what was on sale, and, more importantly, watch the frenzy. It was such a madhouse, that we've never gone again to bear witness to the crowds of people. You can have a Black Friday experience, while sitting in your chair! 

I hope you have a quiet and pleasant day.

P


Image result for picture of black friday


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...