Saturday, November 23, 2019

Oak Tree and Thanksgiving

11/23/2019

The tree. Thirty-two years ago, we planted a Pin Oak tree in our front yard. We even have a picture of Scott standing in the hole (large) before we planted the tree. Over the past (I forget how many months), we've had multiple arborists come to look at the old girl. And, everybody that comes out, all sing the same song. The tree, because of her size, could cause some damage to the neighbor's house. And, obviously, we don't want that to happen. This would not make us good neighbors. I've asked Jeff to tell the tree man that I need several pieces of the tree. Not only for the memories, but because I might use them as stepping "stones" in the backyard.

Thursday, we're going to Andrew's house for our Thanksgiving dinner. Every family is bringing certain dishes for everyone to enjoy. Jeff and I aren't, at least at this moment, are bringing mashed potatoes, cooked cranberries, pecan pie (thank you Costco) and stuffing. I may also go through my recipe "box" (computer) and see if there is a dish that is a family favorite. Like all Thanksgiving dinners everywhere, there is also too much food. And, while the ladies clean up the kitchen, the men will go into the basement and watch sports or something.

P

Image result for picture of thanksgiving dinner


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...