Thursday, May 28, 2020

Just Stuff

5/28/2020

Mother Nature just can't make up her mind. Warm weather, which means"shorty" pants. Don't have a heart attack - I mean shorts that come to my knee. Believe me, old legs, such as mine, are not all that attractive! Just saying.

I start my day, and I shouldn't, watching CNN while I munch on my toast. This, is probably not the best way to start my day. The number of deaths is now over 100,000. How are we going to grip on this virus. Not just me, but lots of other people, miss seeing their loved ones, and getting a hug. I know, or I guess I know, that someday we might return to our "normal" lives. But, my fear is that we may not like what that "normal" is.

I watch on television, the number of people who flocked to the beaches, minus masks, and not participating in social distances. With large crowds of people on the beach, or in a pool, may be a breeding ground for new virus cases. I do understand that if your aim is to get a suntan, then wearing a mask, would make you look like a racoon! Ladies are too vain to even consider wearing a mask. Even if it's a decorated mask, such as below, it's still a mask. By the way, the mask on the bottom sells for $120.00. While I know we're going to be wearing masks for a long time, I'm just not willing to pay for probably an over priced mask. I will admit that both of these masks, are well above the standard of masks, but still.





 


or:


 Since I'm a senior citizen, with some medical issues, I'm wondering if I should wear a face shield. You wear a mask, obviously and then add the shield. Double protection for us older folks. I don't want this virus, to be the end of me. Okay, I don't how I want "to go out", but I'm absolutely sure it's not this way!

Have to go to the store today. Last week, I somehow dropped my reading glasses on the garage floor. Jeff didn't see, and I don't blame him, but he drove over my glasses! Only damage was to the frame. Guess I'm in the market for new frames. And, I had been fairly fine with the broken frame, but today a lens fell out, time to replace.

Wherever you are, please stay safe, and follow the guidelines.

P





No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...