Thursday, May 7, 2020

A Bit of This and a Bit of That

5/7/2020

The weather appears to be changing again. I have on my "shorty" pants, but feel like I need to change and put on pants. There is also a very slim chance that the white stuff might come this weekend. What ever is the matter with Mother Nature? I guess she's just fickle.

We are, as well as you probably are, have to wear a mask when you leave your house. Blah. I know the importance, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

The paper ran an article about masks. No, not those blue disposal ones, but fancy masks. Designer masks, if you will. Eventually, designers, as well as handy folk, (me not being either of those) started making masks. Beautiful ones. And, the prices rise accordingly. Research shows that you can buy a mask on Ebay for $200.00 (I checked, of course I did), and couldn't find any mask that was selling for that price. Or an N95 mask for !99.95, which normally sells for $15.00. There is a company selling designer masks for a mere $1,025! That's a lot of money for a mask. Granted, we're probably going to have to wear masks for the near future.

Interesting note:  
 
The CDC recommends using an N95 or higher level respirator mask to prevent the spread of coronavirus, but, again, this recommendation is currently only for health professionals. On Saturday, the U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams put it bluntly on Twitter: "Seriously people — STOP BUYING MASKS!" This statement is contrary to what we've all been told to do. For now, and hopefully not forever, I'm going to wear a mask when I'm outside.

Amazon was selling those blue disposal masks, but now all of those masks are unavailable. Shocker.
 


Ariana Grande and a Michael Ngo mask 

Masks, such as this one above, were made for celebrities, such as Jennifer Lopez. 

So people, while I don't like them, we've got to don our masks when we leave the house.

Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...