Friday, May 1, 2020

Happy Birthday Scott

5/1/2020

Today is Scott's birthday. I must confess that I'm having trouble remembering the boys' birthdays.

Scott has the distinction, like myself, of being the middle child. Parents go all gaga over their first born, and tend to go overboard in raising that child. Scott was a very easy going child from the beginning. 

I remember that when it was close to my due date, my best friend and I were told to go shopping - carte blanch! We did just that. By the time we got home, my friend's car couldn't hold even one more thing! It was very exciting.

As a teenager, Scott rarely gave us trouble. Oh, there was that incident with candy (I forget what kind) and soda. The bottle exploded with liquid all over the carpet. Because, Jeff and I, were fairly easy going, just told him to start drying out the carpet. 

Boys like to experiment, much more than girls. Scott as well as us, now know that you don't close the glass doors after using the fireplace to start a fire. I got the call at the office, and Scott, not Andrew, told me about the exploding glass doors! Just another experiment in the life of a boy. 

Scott, has endured many challenges in his life, and yet overcame all of them. Since Scott and Andrew are only 18 months apart (we thought that we might as well have babies close in age), and we're glad we did.

Over the years of being a contract employee, with no benefits, he is now employed as an actual employee! I'm clueless when it comes to what his job is. Jeff, would of course, remember. To be fair, I don't know exactly what Andrew and Jeff do as well. 

Scott married a wonderful woman, Wendy last year. Wendy has a daughter, so I can now think of "girly" things, which is really new territory for me. Jeff and I couldn't be happier for all of them. 

Scott, learned from Jeff, who learned from his grandfather, how to use tools, and pretty much fix anything. Scott, is very handy when it comes to home repairs. Wendy is a lucky woman. Plumbing - no problem, drywall, again no problem. He can pretty much fix anything. 

Years ago, Scott, Andrew, Jeff and as we call him - Computer Ken formed a company. It's called 4A Computing. They have been in business for many years (again, I don't remember) and Scott does the majority, if not all, of the work for customers, and by the way, his customers love him. 

While working full-time, as well as working around his house, painting and flooring at the moment, Scott is a busy man. He excels at everything he does. Jeff and I couldn't be prouder of him. During his childhood, Scott had to overcome some learning challenges. And he did.

Scott, has many of my traits, he's patient, kind and caring. Jeff and I thought that he would make a good father. Wendy, has a daughter, Elly, so this is uncharted territory for him, as well as for Jeff and I.

Wendy takes very good care of Scott. She is very good in the kitchen, and we know that Scott loves everything she prepares. When Jeff and I have dinner with them, the food, as well as the company, is fabulous. 

Scott is really blooming (I'm not sure that's the right word) now that he has found a loving partner. He has somebody in his life, who wants to take care of him, which makes him a very lucky man.

"National Holiday Today - Scott's birthday.🎂

Scott, Dad and I are very proud of you, and all of your accomplishments over the years.

We love you, Mom and Dad.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...