Thursday, May 14, 2020

Nap Is Over!

5/14/2020

Hello everyone. I just finished my after breakfast nap. Oh, how I love retirement! Trust me, by the time you get to where I am, a nap is considered essential on my "what to do" list!

I listened to the "talking heads" this morning, I blame them for my nap. I really do start the day filled with good intentions. But, the longer I check out today's problems, their shows genuinely put me to sleep. After all, how times a day do you have to hear about how dire things are. Trust me, me and you, already know about the news, none of which is on the positive side.

The amount of deaths continues to rise every day. And, I count myself lucky, since I am not part of the stastics. And, who beside myself, are getting or have already gotten "quartine fever"! It's not like I have any place to go, I just want the option. Hope that makes sense.

With the numbers of people having the virus, and the upward number of people who have died, gives me pause. If, I stay home 99% of the time, my chances of getting sick, are close to none.

Govener Hogan’s announcement means that  manufacturing may resume and retail stores may reopen at up to 50% of capacity with curbside service and delivery encouraged. Such retailers include clothing and shoe sellers, pet groomers, car washes, art galleries and bookstores. Barbershops and hair salons also may open with up to 50% capacity, and by appointment only. Maryland's "stay at home requirement" will be lifted tomorrow at 5:00 pm. This means that "sheltering in place" will no longer be a requirement. This is good because I was just about to go Lonnny Tune crazy.  And, perhaps some of you may also be waiting to get out and about. Of course, you still must wear a mask and maintain distance. Something tells me that after you can move around the state you will be itching to go somewhere anywhere! My fear, of course, is that once we get out and starting to move around, the number of deaths will rise. And, if they do, we'll have to return to our "new normal" - back in the house. And, it will be hard to put the horse back in the barn. Just saying. The county we live in, is still having to shelter-in-place. Urgh.

Really the only thing I have to do today, is wrap up my treasures, and put them in my sister's box. The Mail Box store is open. So when I'm ready to ship the box, I'll know where to go! Unlike at the post office, the mailbox store doesn't get very crowded. And, that's a good thing.

Our "holiday" for the day is - biscuts. I can truly get behind this holiday. 


How to Make Biscuits - Handle the Heat 


P













 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...