Monday, May 11, 2020

Just Another Gray Day In The Neighborhood!

5/11/2020

Mother's Day is behind us. If you could go to the store (and you know you can't), all merchandise having to do with Mothers, would be on sale. Or being packed up for next year, at least the non-perishable items. Flowers, for instance would not be good if stuck in a box for a year.

The Scott et al and Andrew et al, were on Zoom together. It was wonderful to see everybody all together. I know that Zoom has become a thing, but this old gal hasn't a clue how to use it. But, I'm confident that Jeff can walk me through the steps. The problem will be my ability to remember what he tells me. I know what you're thinking - write it down. I have done that in the past, but then forget where the paper is!

Having the ability to see all of the family, was wonderful. I just wish I could send some kind of virtual hug to all of them.

Our day was quiet, and we had pizza for dinner. Jeff and I aren't too much in a rut, but Sunday's dinner is pizza. The girls hang around waiting for "pizza butts" (crust). This pretty much happens when I eat toast, and they wait around our chairs, waiting for tidbits!
Their little faces are cute, tails are wagging and then the moment they've been waiting for arrives - eating the bits and pieces of whatever we're eating. If we're eating at the table, which is rare, they hang around, waiting!

I have three important tasks to do today. Shredding. For most people, they wouldn't be a big deal. But, in my case, we're talking about two boxes. I actually don't mind the shredding, it's emptying the shredded paper ultimately into a brown recycle bag, which I staple shut. Gone are the days when you just tossed all bills, advertisements, etc., into the trash can. We now live in a world where identity theft is a real thing.

Second chore on my to-do list, is put away the laundry (boring). At least, I've folded everything.

Third thing, is to wrap up the "goodies" for my sister box. Since I really can't go to the store, and unlike everybody else around me, I'm not creative. So what's left? Shopping for my sister box with things in the house (and Jeff I'm not picking out any of your things) that I believe my sister will like. When it's my turn again, I'm hoping that I can go to the store, and pick out treasures from a store! I think most of us still remember stores. I would even enjoy walking around a mall. Wouldn't be as much fun as usual, because a lot of the stores are closed, but you would be able to get your exercise in!

Fourth - a fun project. I own one of those diamond facet art kit. My picture is of a butterfly, and it should be lovely when it's finished. I used to enjoy the paint by number kits, but I know I'm too shaky now. I would have paint everywhere. With the diamond art kit, there is a tool, the likes of which I can't find. When I purchased this kit, Bella was in her destructive puppy years. She "killed" my cellphone, took this diamond kit out to the yard and destroyed the box. And, somewhere out in the yard, is the tool that I have to have to start this project.

I hope all of the mothers out there, were feted by their families.

Stay safe.

P



3 comments:

  1. I got a text...does that count for Mother's Day? I look forward to seeing my sister box and then I can start on another for you, I already have some ideas. Enjoy your day!! Love, M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy that you were tested. Testing back here seems to be spotty at best. I have goodies (unfortunately just from the house), that I think you will like. I'll let you know when I'm ready to ship! I don't have your email address. Can you send it to me at:pattib2@4acomputing.com Stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, I will send my work email since that is what I use most.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...