Friday, May 15, 2020

Hair!

5/15/2020

Hair? Seems like a silly subject - but wait - women and perhaps even some men, are getting desperate for a hair cut.

What I've noticed is "quarantine hair". I have always admired women, who really know how to style their hair. Unfortunately, that person isn't me. 

Going to a hair salon can become quite expensive. For years, I went to the same salon once a month. And, then in 2013, when I upended my life, I stopped going.

I turned to one of those franchised salons, whose name I can't remember. And, having routine haircuts, was cheaper, the outcome was spotty.

Then I discovered "quarantine hair"! A light bulb went off in my head. If I, really "don't"  do my hair - curlers, hot rollers, etc. I decided I should just cut my hair off. And, I did. The barber, per my request, took my hair really short - and I love it. It's not so short that my scalp is showing, which I think I wouldn't have liked at all. The cool thing about "quarantine hair" is (a) you're free to get this kind of cut, since nobody is going to see you, and (b) it's short enough that my hair looks the same day and/or night.

We have dog clippers, and I think the next time my hair starts to grow back, Jeff can give me a trim using our clippers. Remember, I'm not going to style, just a wash and go "do". And, I have now reached an easy hair cut that requires no fussing at all.  

We are seeing more and more women, who sport this kind of hair style.Here's a picture of an actress before and after.
  
Kristen Stewart 

My hair isn't quite as short as in the picture, but mightily close. I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. Now, when we go out in Jeff's car, with the top down, I don't have to worry about my hair blowing in the breeze!

While most of us are "sheltering in place", now is a good time to color your hair, pink for instance if that's a color you have always wanted to try.

"Holidays for today:

National Chocolate Chip Day (yum) and National Pizza Day (double yum). Bicycle to work - nope, that's not going to happen. 

I'm doing good to walk around the circle on our street, pushing my rollator, just in case I need to sit down.

Stay safe everyone.

P
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...