Wednesday, May 6, 2020

New Dog?

5/6/2020

I've been looking on Craigslist for a tiny dog. What I think I would like to have is a dog that I would be able to carry. I originally thought, when we rescued Daisy, that she would be a smaller dog. Based on Bella's weight and size, she is "small". But weighs more than I can lift. I guess a dog that could be considered a "purse" dog. I know there is another name for little dogs, such as: a Yorkie, Chihuahua, and dogs like that. I guess what I really want, is a little lap dog to love.

Today, I'm having my first video conference. I have a doctor's appointment today, and we're going to do it via Zoom. Mind you, I know absolutely nothing about Zoom, but Jeff will get me all set up. If you have a video appointment, then you can see the doctor's face, and as they say, a picture is worth more than words. 

Let's talk about Mother Nature for a minute. Yesterday, was a pretty nice day outside, with a gentle wind. Of course, the weather changed later in the day. This morning is bleak and more on the cold side. Yesterday, "shorty" pants - today long pants. Back here, I'm never sure what clothes to put on! I know that's not a big deal, but a bit frustrating.

I did massive shredding yesterday, which is a good thing. What is not a good thing, is the amount of shredded paper on the floor. I try very hard to empty the shredder into a plastic bag, but sometimes I miss, like I did yesterday. Then the county wants shredded material to be put in a lawn bag. Okay, so I moved the paper from the plastic bag to a lawn bag. This caused more shred to land on the floor. Once you have filled up a paper bag with hopefully most of the shredded paper, then you fold over the top and staple in shut. I understand why we do this, but frankly, it's a pain the but. Most families, probably have only a little bit of shredding. For us, the papers go way back, and have all kinds of identification on them. No longer, thanks to identify theft, can you afford to toss your mail in the trash.

When I worked for the CEO, who was paranoid, he would give me documents with an "x" written on the top. This meant, said documents were to go to the shredder. Jeff and I have continued using an "x" for paper that we don't have to save.

For too many years, I had a folder labeled for pretty much everything. A folder for cars, whether we still owned the car or not, medical bills, utility bills - well you get the idea. I guess I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, because I genuinely thought that we needed to keep paid bills.

I eventually stopped putting paid bills into those nicely labeled folders. Instead, I shoved them into a shoe box. While dealing with these kinds of documents, it finally occurred to me, that if a company hasn't hounded us for being late on a payment, and this never happens, why keep all these papers. 

Yesterday, Jeff brought down a box that needs to be shredded. And, there is a MESS on the floor. Ada comes today, so she'll have the "fun" job of vacuuming the floor. Late yesterday, Jeff brought down two more boxes for me to deal with. By doing all of this, will make his "office" a "tad" bit more organized. And, that's a good thing. Of course, by doing this, now makes my office truly a mess! I guess you can't really win.


Sawdust, Shavings, Waste, Snippets 


Stay safe.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...