Thursday, May 21, 2020

Titanic

5/21/2020

I have had an interest in all things Titanic for years. I have read books, obviously saw the movie, etc.

In today's paper, there is an expedition of divers going to the wreckage site of the Titanic. Their goal? To retrieve the Marconia telegraph machine. Oh, how I would love to be there. Wouldn't you? Imagine if you will, that you could some how "float" around the ship, and it's interior. Well, that's just a pipe dream, but that's what dreams are all about!

This is a picture of what the telegraph room would have looked like on the Titanic.

 titanrr.jpg




After all these years, the Titanic, obviously is deteriorating right before our eyes. The ship has been underwater, since 1912. That's over a hundred years sitting in salt water. And, time has not been the Titanic's friend.  The ship has severe decay caused by salt corrosion and metal eating bacteria.

Image result for picture of titanic today


Titanic 3-D mapping expedition sets sail today – Boston Herald

Many personal items of both the crew and the passengers have been found over time. Three hundred and forty bodies have been recovered. While,1,160 bodies have never been found.

And even though many years have passed since 1912. In my opinion, as well as doing research, the Titanic shipwreck remains the most famous.

The last survivor of the shipwreck, was a woman who was 97. She was two months old, when the ship went down.

That's all the news I want to write about. Writing about our virus, just gets me too emotional right now.

Stay safe.

P


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...