Wednesday, May 13, 2020

5/13/2020

Today, if I read the weather predictions correctly, the temperature is going to be on the warmer side. Hence, shorty pants. And, if it turns out to be not so warm, I'll just have to change clothes. 

I don't know about you guys, but we haven't had much of a spring. It's been mostly rain, and according to the gurus that predicate this sort of thing, we have had an average of 11 inches of rain. Imagine if that had been snow! The boys would be so excited - Jeff not so much. We had a neighbor years ago, that told us, black was beautiful. He meant that a shoveled driveway would be easier for Mother Nature to get through to the driveway and melt the little snow that still existed. Over the years, Jeff has hung on to that helpful tip, and goes out several times a day to shovel. When the boys lived at home, obviously, their chore was to shovel. Having daughters, but I can't speak from experience, are wonderful. But, having boys meant some help around the outside of the house.

I want to start on a hobby project that has been inside it's box for several years. When Bella was a puppy, a whole bunch of stuff went out through the doggy door. Cell phone, completely ruined. And, she took out the box that held my diamond facet art kit. The box she chewed on, but did leave most of the contents alone. So, now that I have time, I want to work on this picture, but find I don't have the necessary tools. Thank heavens for Amazon.

Ada comes today, so I'll do a "bit" of cleaning. Jeff thinks this is silly, but cleaning up around the house, particularly the kitchen, then that's time for her to do other things. She gets paid to clean one bedroom, two bathrooms, den and kitchen. I'm not particularly fussy, and can easily overlook fingerprints near light switches, etc. I let her do the major things, and I can handle smaller things - or not! I guess it has something to do with my mood and/or energy level.

I exchanged an email with my sister yesterday. I haven't seen her since Mom passed away, which was about 20 years ago. After reading her email, she and I have a lot in common when it comes to our children. 

Going to try and gather all of my "sister" items and prepare to get my sister box on it's way.

I know you are holding your breath to know what today's "national holidays" are. Well here they are:

Apple Pie Day
Frog Jumping Day
and Fruit Cocktail Day 

I can really get behind the apple pie day. Since, I don't have a frog, that adventure is out for me, but I do have fruit cocktail in the pantry!


NATIONAL FROG JUMPING DAY – May 13


Enjoy your day and stay safe.

P





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...