Friday, May 22, 2020

Weather for Ducks!

5/22/2020

I guess because I don't really look at the calendar much anymore, I didn't realize that Memorial Day was this weekend. But, for the "few" people who are still working, it's a three day weekend! And, when I was working, I always enjoyed a long weekend. Bad part about a long weekend, I used to dread having to go back to work!

With the girls there is no such thing as sleeping in. Their internal clocks go off generally at 7:30. Oh, we sometimes do get an additional few minutes, but it's not worth staying in bed. The girls begin to move around, Daisy, in particular, gets in Jeff's face. Of course, one they've been fed, both dogs return to their beds for a morning nap!

I have to confess, that after my breakfast, I become really sleepy, so I take a quick snooze as well.

It's raining today, which is good for the grass and ducks. But, for us meek humans, and I'm certainly one of them, I don't like getting wet when I go outside. Showers don't count - warm water!

I checked with the weather folks to see what's going to happen this summer. They predict there will be 13-19 named storms and 6-10 hurricanes. Hurricanes, like tornadoes do a lot of damage when pounding a city. My memory is sketchy (ya think), but I can't remember if any of the real nasty storms have landed on our doorstep. 

While we would both like to own property at the beach, that will never come to fruition. Jeff and I are at this point in our lives, where to fix a beach house, possibly over and over, is no longer our "thing". We both like our simple life. Mind you, there's no real excitement, at least not at the moment. 

And, when a lot of rain is predicted for out area, I'm glad we live at the top of the hill! Mind you, our backyard becomes a swamp. When the girls come back inside, I can tell if they've been outside because their paws will be wet. Sam, our terrier, would come inside and allow me to put his paws, one at a time in a warm bucket of water. Pretty sure that while Bella would be okay with dunking her paws, Daisy would not.

I can hope that all of you have a wonderful Memorial Day holiday. I'm thinking cook-outs, and homemade ice cream! Yum.

Stay safe everyone.

P

2 comments:

  1. You have a nice weekend as well. We have no plans, but I am ok with that. Take care! Love, M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. We have no plans either. We're binge watching the old television show The Soprahnos (or however you spell it)! Warmer weather finally, so the a/c is being used for the first time this year. Jeff knows I hate being cold and I hate being hot. So, I guess that makes a 50/50 kind of girl. Stay Safe. Love you, P

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...