Monday, October 7, 2013

It's Dark Outside

10/7/2013

I don't know if you're an early riser, but if you are it's dark outside.  At 6:30 this morning I could have easily convinced myself it was the middle of the night.  Clearly we are marching towards winter even though my air conditioners would beg to differ as they hum nearly constantly (for which Pepco thanks us)!

I didn't have a real exciting weekend.  Just did the usual things: laundry, vacuum, scheduled a week's worth of television and went and got groceries.  You should never grocery shop on an empty or near empty stomach.  Your cart fills up quick and you may be surprised when you get home with what you actually bought.  I put putting away groceries right up there with folding and putting away laundry.  Hate it.  Reason?  Have no earthly idea.  I just know that it's an unfavorable chore for me.  I am guilty of taking the clothes out of the dryer and folding them and then leaving them on top of the washer for a few days (or longer).

Another little known fact - I hate unloading the dishwasher and for many years have never really taken everything out.  I generally leave a cup or glass inside and they get to go through many wash cycles.  Why?  Because in truth I'm just a bit on the lazy side when it comes to some chores and emptying the dishwasher is one of them.

I keep my cookie sheets inside my oven partly because it makes such a fine storage place for them.  I have been doing this long enough to know that you don't turn the oven on without removing the sheets first.  I suppose I could make room in my cabinets for the cookie sheets but I don't bother since the oven does such a nice job of holding them.  

For some chores around house I need some prodding!  I will never win a "Suzie Homemaker" award and that's fine with me.  There is more to life than doing laundry and dishes.  Yes I know that both chores have to be done - but they don't have to be done timely.  I generally put the clothes away when I run out of clothes and I unload the dishwasher when there are no clean dishes in the cupboard!  Working this way makes perfect sense to me.  I get done what needs to be done right now and the rest of the stuff will wait until I get around to it.

By the way I started the book "The Racketeer" by John Grisham yesterday and I had a hard time putting the book down all day.  I was constantly running back to my chair to get a few more pages read.  It's just that good.

What little (or big) chore do you put off hoping that eventually somebody else will do it for you?  You do this even though you know there is no magic fairy in your pocket that is going to help you out.

Smile - it's Monday and it won't return for seven days!

Enjoy

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...