Wednesday, October 2, 2013

It's Wednesday

10/2/2013

Does anything really ever happen on Wednesday?  I'm not sure that I can think of a Wednesday holiday.  Three day holidays only ever involve Friday or Monday, but never a Wednesday.  Even the Thanksgiving holiday leaves Wednesday out in the cold. 

So what's happening at my house on this brisk fall day?  For starters, I had to set my alarm clock for the first time in nearly ten months.  This is big people.  I was so sure that I would oversleep (I know that the alarm was set) that I woke up several times during the night to see how much time I had left for sleeping.   And every time I woke up I was genuinely satisfied that I had "x" hours left of the night.  Interestingly, these periodic moments of being awake did not disturb my overall sleep at all.

After breakfast and a shower, Jeff and I leave for the hospital where I will begin my partial day hospitalization program.  I will go 6 days a week from basically 9 to 3, which will put some much needed structure into my day.  I'll get group therapy all day long and then be able to come home for the evenings.  I will do this program somewhere from 2 to 4 weeks.  So while it was a drag getting up this morning, I know it's for the best.

I watched the tv show Pioneer Woman yesterday and she had a simple, and I do mean simple recipe for peanut butter cookies.  Buy refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough and after you slice it, cut each slice into four pieces.  Put those pieces, without shaping, into mini muffin tins and bake.  When they come out of the oven, put an unwrapped  chocolate and peanut butter candy in the middle of each cookie.  They looked so good, and who doesn't like chocolate and peanut butter?  Forget the wonderful combination of flavors, I loved the ease of it.

Andy et al are on their way this morning to Disney World and I know that Benjamin is ubber excited.  I know they will have a good time and will ride everything at least once, if not twice.  Gone are the days where you bought books of tickets (Disneyland) that was your entry to rides, some rides better than others.  Now Andy et al wear colored wristbands which I assume is their entry into rides.

This Friday Scott is closing on his new house in St. Mary's county.  He posted on Facebook that he is looking for volunteers to help with moving.  So I'm sure once my Saturday program is over that Jeff will offer to help out.  I'm not much use in the moving department and for sure am in the way when it comes to unpacking and putting things away in somebody's else's house.

In case you're wondering (and I doubt that you are), I'm still typing in the mornings with my SAD light on.  Does it help me?  I don't know, but what I do know is that it doesn't hurt me.

I'd love to sit around and chat but duty calls.  It won't do for me to be late this morning and you never know about rush hour traffic around here.  

Will all the hubbub about medical plans, including Obamacare care I'm unsure what we're supposed to do, if anything.  I do know that Jeff and I will soon have to make a decision about medical care for the upcoming year.  It has always been easy.  Our medical insurance was provided through IBM and I only carried disability insurance, which as we know, came in handy big time this year. Guess we'll have to do some research and figure out the next step.

Have a glorious Wednesday.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...