Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Tattoos and Piercings

10/2/2013

This is a subject of which I know little and frankly am glad that I'm ignorant.  I grew up in a time (oh like a hundred years ago) where it seemed as if nobody, at least nobody I knew, had a tattoo or multiple piercings.  What I am seeing now is the number of women, and men too I suppose, that have multiple tattoos and piercings.  With regard to piercings I'm not talking about one earring per lobe - nope I'm talking about piercings that go all the way up an earlobe.  And some ears have gigantic earrings (I'm talking really big) in the lower part of the ear.  Then there are the piercings on the side of the nose or by the belly button as well as the lip.  Yikes all I can say is ouch.  I know from my one experience twenty plus years ago that I thought the business of getting an ear pierced was painful and not something I want to do over again.  I have two pairs of earrings, both on the dainty side, there are my emerald studs and my diamond studs.  That's it.  I have never worn, and likely never will, wear dangling earrings.  I think they look lovely on other women but frankly the swinging motion against my neck would drive me crazy (and we know that's a short trip)!

As for tattoos it seems like more and more women have them, on their ankles, back of the neck, arms, legs and you name it.  Also tattoos aren't confined to the young anymore, they are appearing on older people as well. Tattooing is so permanent and I'm betting painful, probably more so than having your ears pierced! I don't want to wear my loved one's name on my arm, or anywhere else for that matter.  I have seen the television show Tattoo Wars where people come in with some pretty awful tattoos and want them converted into something less controversial.  So as far as body accessorizing goes I am definitely behind the times and intend to stay that way.  I don't judge because it's their body and they can do with it as they please.   As for me I'll just stick to being pretty much unadorned. Disclaimer: I do now wear more than one bracelet every day, which is something I wouldn't have thought about a few years ago. I'm such a rebel!

I hope it's sunny where you are - it certainly is here.

P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...