Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tonight's Dinner

10/1/2013

Tonight I'm pretending to be a contender on one of my favorite shows Chopped.  If you're not familiar the contestants are given specific ingredients for each course that they must use to make an appetizer, an entree and dessert and they are timed.  I have always found it fascinating how the chefs can take the weirdest ingredients and make something that generally is edible.  I say that the judges find the food, most of the time, to be edible.  I, on the other hand, think the food looks grim but what do I know, I'm just a meat and potatoes kind of gal.

Tonight I am going to make one of my one dish wonders that are never the same because I generally don't have the same ingredients available when I concote my meal.  

So here's what I'm throwing together tonight:

I'm browning hamburger and then adding green pepper.  Meanwhile I have some pasta that I'm going to cook which will be combined with the finished product.  I will add some black beans, cans of Ortega green chilies and tomatoes, dollops of Salsa and corn.  I also have some leftover peas from last night's dinner and it's likely they'll end up in the pot too.

Once the pasta is cooked and drained, into the pot it goes.  The finishing touch is putting cheddar cheese on top which will get nice and gooey.  Add canned onion rings if you have them available.

Basically, that's it.  You could add or leave out certain ingredients.  You could add Orgega's HOT chilies and tomatoes if you like heat.  If I was making it just for Jeff then I would definitely drag out everything hot that I could find.

Oh and just before serving a dollop of sour cream on top.

That's it.  Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...