Thursday, October 17, 2013

Blogging Block

10/17/2013

I don't have writer's block - I do have blogging block - which is pretty much the same thing.  What to write about?  What topic can I take on?  It needs to be more on the light side, I don't want to write about politics (partly because I don't understand very much of what happens in Washington).  Or to turn that around maybe the truth is not much DOES happen in Washington.  I'm sure the people who have had to work reduced hours or not work at all would agree about the not much happening.  

I doubt that the senators and representatives are hurt financially with an unapproved budget.  In their world, they don't have to live paycheck to paycheck.  Their cars, I am sure, are some kind of high end vehicle and possibly some of them may even be driven to work.  

They don't have to make a can of soup or spaghetti stretch to feed an entire family.  They don't have to worry about how they are going to pay for daycare for the days that an employee has to go into work.  They don't fret about losing power or paying for necessary medical care.  It is almost as if the politicians live in a bubble.  Actually they do exist in a bubble filled with all the things that money can buy.   And they have a lot of money and probably very few financial worries.  Must be nice.

I think it would be nice if, just once in a while, a politician thought about the regular folks that put him/her in a position of power.  The regular folks need a paycheck (a full paycheck) so that they can meet their obligations which is a lot more serious than balancing the federal budget.  

Many years ago I didn't have a lot of money and I remember having to go to the grocery store and counting every penny that I was spending.  I only had so much money and didn't have the luxury of freely spending money any which way I wanted.  When you are on a budget, and particularly a tight budget, you focus on the big picture: rent, groceries, childcare, medical expenses and stuff like that.  It was a long time ago but if I remember correctly $25.00 was the allotted amount to be spent on food.  Those days are past me now but with the circumstances that have occurred this year and the lack of a regular paycheck for me, we are once again on a budget of sorts.  Gone are the trips to have my nails done, or spend hours browsing through Amazon looking for the next best book and I don't even want to check out what's for sale on Ebay.  The library works for getting books, just not always in a timely fashion but it's free so I'm not complaining (too much).  I do miss Amazon but you have to do what you have to do.

Happy Thursday everyone.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...