Thursday, October 24, 2013

Thursday

10/24/2013

Another week is beginning it's descent toward the weekend.   Last night we participated in our neighbor's youth group's scavenger hunt.  Since we are a house with pretty much everything the kids were well on their way to completing their list when they left our house.  Our biggest challenge was finding a tiny plastic container that would hold olive oil.  

The cooler temperatures rolled in our area yesterday and after dinner we pressed the on button for our new gaslog (which puts out a lot of heat).  Neither Jeff nor I miss the dragging firewood in the house, rolling up newspapers for kindling and then eventually having to clean out the ashes afterwards.  Nope all we do now is press a button and lovely blue and yellow flames appear.  As we get older there are some things we're just not all that interested in doing and tending to the fireplace is one of those chores.

I go to my day program this morning and then tomorrow I will have another ECT treatment.  You know you have been at the hospital too long when the nursing staff knows your name when you check in.  Reminds me of frequent flier miles only called frequent patient miles!

I think we're going out to Andy's house this weekend.  I think Jeff is going to work on the generator some more and I'll get to spend time with Benjamin and Stacey.

Time to get ready for my day - have a nice Thursday.

P

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful weekend and a nice visit. I am sure the new house is lovely. I am off to see Steve up north.

    Enjoy your fireplace, I am about done with wood and the mess, the stacking, the whole thing myself. With the house to myself, there won't be many fires

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...